The number of blockchain jobs has spiked to 631% since 2015, indicating the massive potential in the field. Increased global interest in blockchain technology has led to highly increased job opportunities.
Regardless, the number of blockchain engineers available to fill these positions is relatively low, and a handful of developers have the necessary experience and knowledge to handle your company’s most sensitive data. Therefore, hiring managers must be selective about the blockchain engineers they would like to work with.
What Does Blockchain Developer Do?
A blockchain developer is a software developer who specializes in blockchain technology. These developers are responsible for developing blockchain software and protocols to power blockchain networks and implementing blockchain in projects.
In most cases, blockchain developers are highly professional programmers who can code several languages like Python, Java, C#, and C++. They also learn math-based algorithms and cryptography since they design and manage transactions on the blockchain.
Two primary types of blockchain developers:
1. Core blockchain developers develop and maintain the architecture of blockchain systems. They design protocols, create security patterns, and manage the complete network.
2. Blockchain software developers build applications onto existing blockchain platforms. These developers don’t need expertise in building the core blockchain but rather in implementing it to your advantage. They handle design, front-end and back-end development, and maintenance.
Blockchain Development Tools
The following development tools should be familiar to a blockchain developer:
· Caliper measures the performance of blockchain nodes.
· Etherscan allows you to view the blockchain, search for transactions, and check address balances.
· MetaMask browser extension allows you to run Ethereum applications and it also acts as a digital wallet to store and send ether/tokens.
· Solidity helps to write smart contracts on the Ethereum network.
· Solo is a command-line tool that allows you to run Ethereum nodes.
· Testnets lets you test your blockchain applications without real ether or tokens.
· Truffle is a development framework for Ethereum with features like contract compilation, testing, and deployment.
· Drizzle Python library used for building Ethereum applications.
Where to Find Blockchain Developers
Some of the most popular blockchain job sites to find the right blockchain engineer for the position you want to fill.
· Crypto.jobs is a job portal that lists relevant vacancies from around the world related to blockchain and cryptocurrency.
· CryptoJobsList is one of the best places to find blockchain developers as it has different categories, such as intern, developer, NFT, and more.
· CryptoCurrencyJobs.co is another job site for blockchain jobs, where developers are searched based on their location and skill set.
Blockchain technology is comparatively new, but it’s quickly increasing its popularity. It can help businesses from securing transactions to protecting intellectual property because of its decentralized nature. Finding blockchain developers can be challenging, but online resources might help you find the right candidate. Whether you’re looking for someone to be a part of your team or work as a freelancer, these blockchain recruitment sites should have what you need.